Why I love Baseball

Baseball is more than just a game to me. There’s something about the crack of the bat, the smell of fresh cut grass, and the roar of the crowd that gets me excited every time I step into a ballpark or turn on a game. For me, baseball is a reminder of my childhood, spent playing catch with my dad and cheering on my favorite players. It’s a sport steeped in tradition, where players still wear classic uniforms, and the pace of the game allows for reflection and contemplation. It’s not just nostalgia that draws me to baseball. It’s the strategy and tactics involved in each pitch, swing, and play. From the subtle movements of a pitcher trying to deceive a batter, to the split-second decisions made by a fielder trying to make a play, every moment in a baseball game is filled with excitement and anticipation. Then there are the moments of pure joy and celebration that come with a walk-off home run, a game-saving catch, or a no-hitter. These moments remind me of why I fell in love with baseball in the first place and keep me coming back year after year. Baseball is more than just a game to me, it’s a passion that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Photo From: https://www.theedmondway.com/sites/theedmondway.com/files/styles/article_420/public/2021-04/Drew%20Qualls.JPG?itok=ZRDFsaSY

Drew Qualls