To: Coach K

My time at Lawton High School

So we all know that some teachers in high school make a huge impact on a student’s life. For me, some were Ms. Stephanie Hilliary (Belter), my sociology teacher, Mrs. Kathy Liticker (my orchestra teacher), and my counselors. 

One of the teachers that stood out for me in high school was my Computer Applications I teacher, Mrs. Kylee Montgomery (Coach K). She actually went to OU herself and graduated in 2016. She said it was one of the best experiences she ever had. She cherished every moment of it and was so proud that I, one of her students, was going to OU. I was eager to tell her the good news, and when she did my senior pictures back in March 2021. She was so excited and happy that she told me all about being at OU. Even after my first semester was done, I came home for the break, and she did my winter session too. She loved all of the moments and the journey that I made here at OU. She was telling me her time and asked me if I liked my roommate and everything. I said, I do like mine. We get along. She told me when she was at OU she was glad that her roommate moved out, and didn’t have to deal with her, which would be me. But no, I’m not complaining at all about my roommate. I got her some flowers because her grandfather passed away, and I wanted to do something special since she is one of the few people that put my heart at OU.

She is an amazing photographer and an amazing teacher and person in general. She is the activities director at LHS and the high stepper coach. I have been excited about her during her time with student council and her involvement at LHS. I always admire her, and I can’t thank her enough for everything she’s done. I forever will love her and the dedication that she has made to her students.

The amazing pictures that she did during my winter session.
Both of us at my commencement
My favorite picture from my senior session
The excitement that Coach K had when she saw my acceptance box
Another favorite from my senior session with my viola.

2 Comments

Beautifully said Best wishes to you and your family we love you so much and we’re so proud of you.