Master of Tides

Draw your chair up and hand me my violin, for the only problem we have still to solve is how to while away these bleak autumnal evenings.” – Sherlock Holmes

I know you’re thinking, why did I title the blog “Master of Tides?” I titled it because it’s one of the pieces composed by Lindsey Stirling. Lindsey Stirling is an American violinist, songwriter, and dancer. She presents choreographed violin performances in live and music videos found on her official YouTube channel, which she started in 2007. Stirling performs a variety of music styles, from classical, pop, rock, and electronic dance music. She has done covers of iconic pieces and is one of the best violinists. I adore Stirling’s music. She writes lots of modern classical music. Instead of playing Borodin, Mozart, or even Beethoven, she constructs her music, and I idolize her.

Lindsey Stirling is one of the motivations I would say kept me playing on my viola. She is unbelievable at what she does. Stirling began playing the violin because wanting to learn at a young age. She started having lessons from him. I love the inspirations of themes she conveys to her audience. I love Stirling, and in Master of Tides, it reminds me of a pirate story, particularly in a steampunk genre. I adore anything that she composes. One of the blog posts that I did was called “Love’s Just a Feeling.” That is another song she did. Listening to Lindsey Stirling’s music gets me on an adventure that I will never forget. 

My “Love’s Just A Feeling” blog post