To: Ezra

My time here at OU has been fun, extravagant, and exciting so far. I have made friends from Camp Crimson in my classes in the last two years. I have made friends from basically anywhere I go. One of the people I get to call a forever friend is Ezra Koenig.

Ezra is your typical OU grandpa and outstanding peer teaching assistant. He was a teaching assistant with instructor Sam Painter for First-Year Foundations. Honestly both Ezra and Sam Painter are the best people I have ever met at OU. Ezra is engaging, and he tells the truth from the heart. The thing with him is that he puts himself out there, confident in his skin and his community. He got me out of my shell when we did our 1-on-1 with him. I told about how OU is going, the transition from high school to college, and many more things. He also got me free tickets to Proudly Gleaming, hosted by the GEC (Gender and Equality Center) in the Union. Even he sent me a text on my birthday that almost made me cry. He said in a text message, “You thought I forgot your birthday??? WELL SIKE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Don’t tell the others, but you are one of my favorite students ever, and I am so happy that today 20 years ago today, you were born!!”

If there is any word that describes Ezra, it’s: unbelievable. He is phenomenal at what he does, and I am so happy I got to cross paths with him. Thank you, Ezra, for all you’ve done for me!!