The following is an excerpt from the journal of the Deep South Paranormal Team’s founder Terry Walcott. The DSPT paranormal team investigated the Old Greybriar House in 1997.

It’s been on the list of every paranormal hack from New England to Savannah. Still, the Greybriar House has yet to reveal its deep, dark roots. The dilapidated old house, built in 1840, sits near a family burial plot in Charleston, South Carolina. Nevertheless, it has been on our list of investigating places for several years. We recorded, with our VHS camera, apparitions near the back of the plantation. Groundskeepers had reported seeing full-bodied apparitions of two men carrying what appeared to be a wooden box. This evidence stands as one of the best we have ever captured. We understand that this house was used back in the day as a rum smuggling stop by the notorious Teddy Torrio and his gang. Our team’s goal was to discover who or what is causing these disturbances the current owner Louis Dorion, is terrified of. Louis has told us of the foul stench he often encounters in the parlor room of the residence and the loud footsteps on the porch outside the windows at night.
In addition, our team kept hearing noises from the basement. Sounds of glass bottles clanging together and voices of men talking. The disturbance seems to be prevalent early evening as the sun sets over Charleston Harbor.
“What led you to call professionals to investigate the property,” I asked him. Then, with the most rugged and distressed look, Louis said, “I can handle the noises, footsteps, and smells inside. Also, seeing the two apparitions in the back didn’t scare me at all, man. Until I saw what I saw under that tree in front of the house, near the cemetery, two days ago….it was then I decided I might need some help,” he said.
“It was six-thirty in the evening, and it was dark. As I exited the car, I heard the loudest commotion coming from the wooded area to the east side of the house near the Greybriar family cemetery. He told me he moved in to understand better what had perked his interest. He yelled, “Hey! Anybody there!”. No verbal response. As he moved closer, he noticed the moonlight reflecting off what appeared to be two eyes, close together, like a human. He moved closer to the edge of the plot, and then he told me what was revealed to him as he moved in to get a better look. “Standing under that White Oak tree was a creature that resembled a human but had arms that extended far beyond the reach of an ordinary man. Louis said,” Man, as I looked up, I could see the creature looking right at me. He noticed I was watching him.”
“The creature started running straight at me,” Louis said with tears. I ran back to the Greybriar House, man. I was so scared. This thing had speed, and most of all, it looked like it wanted to hurt me,” Louis said.